Experienced Legal Representation In Contempt Matters

Have you received a complaint for contempt of a family law court order? This is a serious issue that you need to address immediately. If you are found to be in contempt for not following court orders, you could be locked up.

With the help of an experienced lawyer at the law firm of Manzi, Seccareccio & Merwin, P.C., in Lowell, Massachusetts, you can straighten this matter out.

Reasons For Contempt Complaints

Failure to pay support, either child support or alimony, is one of the most common reasons for receiving a complaint for contempt. You may also receive a complaint if you allegedly failed to follow court orders related to child custody and visitation or property division.

Our first step will be to determine what happened. Have you been falsely accused? Perhaps you did fall behind on alimony or child support payments, but you have a legitimate reason such as the loss of a job. We will review your options to help you stay out of jail. In some cases, it may be appropriate to seek modification of an order. If appropriate, we will seek to modify child support payments to match your current income level.

More Than 50 Years Of Experience To Help You

At our firm, you will find zealous family law advocates. With over 50 years of combined experience on our side, we know just how complex these matters can be. We will work hard to sort things out so you can move on with your life. Our services are available to clients in Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire.

Contact Our Office To Learn More

You can reach our Lowell office at 978-703-8517 or our Woburn office at 781-304-8864 to schedule an appointment with a contempt of court attorney. You can also reach us via email. Same-day appointments are available as are free initial consultations.

We represent clients in Billerica, Chelmsford, Dracut, Tewksbury, Wilmington, Westford, Concord, Carlisle, Bedford and Nashua, New Hampshire.

Contact The Firm